Do you need more disruptive ideas?
Listen to Tony in these podcast interviews.
Extreme Focus Aloha Friday | "3 Things that Hijack Your Decision-Making Process"
Why do we make bad decisions? How can we improve our decision-making skills?
It doesn't matter if you're looking to improve your skills as an athlete, entrepreneur, or simply live life to the fullest, we all make decisions that we may have wished we didn't. What kind of feelings surface... Regret? Frustration? Remorse? Well, we have good news...
If you've ever wondered what influences our decision-making process and how we can improve it, make sure you watch this week's #AlohaFriday. Tony is a rock star when it comes to human experience. And he is loaded with knowledge and wisdom that he is eager to share with you!
We're going to dive into what a "MICRO-MOMENT" is and how it plays a huge role in the decisions that are made before we even know that they are made. Be ready to take notes... because we're going to cover some gems that will help you on and off the field, in the board room, or in any area of life. Apply this knowledge to anything in your life and you're bound to see some life-changing results.
Click to learn more with our Beast Triggers for Business program.
Profit from the Inside 012
Profit from the Inside Show 012 | Tony Bodoh - Customer Service Culture
We discuss why brand promises matter so much to customer experience, sales, and long-term customer loyalty. Does your focus on "aspirational" marketing hurt customer loyalty? Do you have a disconnect between your executive, marketing, sales, and operations teams? How do you coordinate these teams?
Tony explains why the best companies succeed and why others fail.
Selling Disruption Show
Selling Disruption Show | How To Know What Your Customers Want To Buy Next
My guest is Tony Bodoh. He’s one of my favorite people to call up and just swap ideas for hours with me. We had him on the show last time talking about How to Engineer Five-Star Customer Reviews. Right after you get done with this one, go back and listen to it. It will blow your mind.
Tony just finished writing a book with Betsy Westhafer who was also a guest on our show here on ProphetAbility, looking into the future. Tony works with executives to help them navigate their organization to where the customer money will be in the future. I love that concept. That’s a riff on Wayne Gretzky’s, “I Skate to Where the Puck Is.” I love that. Tony, welcome to the show.
Selling Disruption Show | Disrupt Your Competition by Engineering Five Star Reviews
When you have five star reviews and your competition doesn’t, you win. Tony Bodoh, a master at helping companies engineer five star reviews, discusses why they are so important to your business success, and what you and your team must do to earn them. In this powerful discussion, you’ll get a whole new appreciation for reviews, what they mean, how to interpret them, and how to get them.
Dr. Kevin Radio Show | ProphetAbility: The Revealing Story of Why Companies Succeed, Fail and Bounce Back
This week on The Dr Kevin Show: Tony Bodoh author of ProphetAbility: The Revealing Story of Why Companies Succeed, Fail, or Bounce Back.
Take Back Time Podcast | Spend More Time In Flow with Tony Bodoh
Boost business profitability with Tony Bodoh and his Productivity Zone Framework. Tony and I met a couple years ago and I was instantly impressed with his knowledge, his ability to communicate clearly and simplify, taking complex topics and bringing them into simplification. He has a good sense of humor and a good guy. He has an incredible background in various different coaching and training with Fortune 1000 companies. The list goes on. I’ve heard you speak and you’re a great speaker.
One of the things that impressed me in your profile is it said that you are a passionate believer in the power and possibility that’s contained in each moment of the human experience to alter the course of history. That is an amazing statement because I know you’re prevalent and an expert in the customer experience space. That takes the customer experience, but it also relates back to take back time of how to utilize the seconds, the minutes, and the time that we have for ourselves with our families, with our customers and all about. That’s a long way. Welcome to the show. I’m so excited to have you here, Tony.
Hospitality Academy Episode #23 | The Complete Customer Experience, with Tony Bodoh
Working in the hospitality industry we all know reviews are critical. But do you know the specific ways to go from 3-star reviews to 4-star and even 5-star? Or what it means if you are regularly receiving below 3-stars, and what you should be fixing in your hotel in order to improve guest reviews?
On this episode of Hospitality Academy, Tony Bodoh is here to answer those questions. He’s an expert on the subject of customer experience in the hospitality world. We will talk about why the human connection is such a defining factor for hotel guests, even in today’s digital age.
And he shares what to look for when you’re reading online reviews and surveys, the keys that will help you know exactly what to change and what to do more of in your hotel to create the complete customer experience.
Essential Learning Points From This Show:
- What is the hedonic treadmill and why should you know?
- A simple factor that separates 4-star reviews from 5-star reviews.
- How to look for little changes that have a big impact on guest experience and improve guest reviews.
- 2 simple ways to drive better sales.
- Why does your hotel’s smell matter so much?
- And so much more!
Lodging Leaders Episode 125 | 7 Steps to Transform Your Customer Experience Micro-Moments with Tony Bodoh
In This Episode, Tony Reveals:
- His recent LinkedIn post, 7 Steps to Transform Your Customer Experience Micro-Moments in 30 Days.
- What micro-moments are, and he provides some real-world examples for hotels.
- How to audit your feedback from customers who gave you a less that perfect score to identify clusters of themes around touch points, and then selecting clusters that involve processes that provide nearly immediate feedback.
- Why going on the customer journey, exactly as the customer would, is important.
- How to find micro-moment(s) during the customer journey that set false expectations AND that have a measurable negative impact on behaviors, and then transform those micro moments so they set appropriate customer expectations that can be met in an excellent manner consistently by your company.
- That you should monitor and measure results so you can make adjustments where necessary.
Navigating the Customer Experience Episode 019 | The Human Connection : A Shared Experience with Tony Bodoh
- Tell us a little about yourself and your journey
- As a Customer Service Consultant, what do you think are 3 challenges that people face why their customer experience is not consistent in their business?
- What are some everyday solutions that you believe that can help improve customer experience on a global level?
- How do you stay motivated?
- What is one online resource, website, tool or app you cannot live without in your personal life or business?
- Do you think that customer experience is linked to a company’s bottom line?
- What are some of the books that have had the biggest impact on you?
- What is one thing in your life right now that you are really excited about – something that you are working on to develop yourself or your people?
- Where can our listeners find your information?
- What is one quote or saying that you live by or that inspires you in times of adversity?
Impact You Episode 09 | Listening to the Voice of Your Customer – Part One w/ Tony Bodoh
In today’s market products themselves are commodities and it is difficult for businesses to distinguish themselves. It is no longer about the transaction but rather the ongoing conversations with your customer that identify their unique needs and desires. Those needs will translate to buying decisions which, if your business understands, can tweak, modify or provide the specific services to them.
How can leaders can get started developing a Customer Experience focus?
- Notice what you are noticing – listen to what is being said by customers and employees. What adjectives are coming up over and over? Those adjectives reveal the mindset of your employees and customers.
- Clarify the vision of the experience you want to evoke with your customers. Tony includes a practical exercise you can use is to help you get started immediately.
- Find ways to understand the behavior of your customers – sales, how long since their last purchase, buying patterns, the cycle of your product or service (if applicable). Note: this does not require a major investment.
- Start with what you can analyze today. Various methods are available to garner customer feedback including surveys, call center notes, or as simple as an on-site capture of daily customer interactions and purchases.
Impact You Episode 11 | Voice of the Customer Series – Part Two w/ Tony Bodoh
Customers reveal their core needs and desires to our business through a hidden language. There are cues, likes and dislikes that influence their buying behavior. When companies understand this language, they can create a unique customer experience the competition cannot replicate. And a new level of loyalty follows.
Customer feedback will likely reveal both short and long term issues to address. Businesses will gain credibility when they respond quickly to those issues that are easy fixes or changes. For more complex issues a more strategic approach must be used to determine how those issues can be addressed. In addition, it’s important for business leaders to listen to the feedback from the perspective of the customer – not from the business itself.
Key Ideas from our 2nd conversation with Tony:
- Emotions dictate how your customers think about their impressions of your service experience.
- There is no set formula for the amount of data a business needs before taking action. Each point of feedback must be considered in context to the business.
- For businesses starting with this process, read every piece of feedback to gain perspective on your customer’s impressions.
- The research process typically follows a 2-hour, 2-day, 2-week and 2-week timeframes depending on how in-depth you want to understand what your customers think and feel.
- Transformational success in your business will often involve a change in both thinking and actions of every person on your team.
- A business leader must be very clear on the metric he wants to move forward to gain the best ROI from any customer experience initiative. Start with the end in mind.
Impact You Episode 13 | Voice of the Customer Series – Part Three w/ Tony Bodoh
Today’s focus helps leaders learn how to help your team (employees) go beyond customer service. In today’s marketplace, customer service is not enough. A remarkable experience must occur and to accomplish this you must ensure the employee and customer experience are linked together.
Key ideas from our 3rd conversation with Tony:
- Communicate your Vision to the team by identifying specifically what it is your want your customers to experience. Identify the emotions you want customers to have then equip the team to evoke those emotions that in turn impact new buying behaviors.
- If you want your customers to engage the way you want them to your employees must have a similar experience with the organization as well (ie: have used the product or services you provide, know what it feels like to be a customer).
- The employee’s mindset determines what the employee will do for the customer. If they think they can resolve an issue, they will do everything they can to do so. If they believe it’s hopeless, they will never really give it a try.
- Management mindset matters too. If they are afraid of customer complaints and viral complaints online or by word of mouth, they will focus on the problem, not on the experience they would love customers to have.
- Leaders should study their customer and employee feedback and identify one thing at a time that they can do to deliver that experience (fixing a problem or creating a new experience)
- Finally, they should focus on successes and amplify throughout the organization. Focusing here and rewarding success is often far more effective for change than penalizing the failure.
Your Partner in Success Radio 02/03/2017 | Tony Bodoh: Fire Your Sales Team, Hire Your Customers
In this podcast, we are going to focus on how you can benefit from the work Tony does to help startups to Fortune 500 companies understand their customers’ feedback and then how he applies these insights to innovate new products, revolutionize their marketing and train their employees to deliver excellent experiences.
His clients have earned customer experience awards including; JD Powers Customer Satisfaction, Forbes Most Admired Companies, AAA 3 and 4 diamond ratings, TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and more.
To give you just one example of his results, The University of Tennessee wrote a case study about how Tony used customer behavioral data to redesign a large convention hotel so it generated $45 million more in revenue per year. His work has been profiled in Inc. Magazine, CIO Magazine, Restaurant Hospitality Magazine, and more.
Your Partner in Success Radio 03/18/2016 | Tony Bodoh: How to Leverage Your Online Reviews
Denise Griffitts interviews authors of 'The Complete Experience' Tony Bodoh and Kayla Barrett. They are going to show us how to unlock the secrets of online reviews that drive customer loyalty.
Your Partner In Success Radio 09/30/2011 | Welcomes Tony Bodoh
Tony started TBI in order to leverage his dual backgrounds in business intelligence and organizational development for the benefit of his clients. He invested nearly a decade in designing, implementing and managing analytical and operational improvement programs for two public companies. In addition, he has been an adjunct instructor of Organizational Development and Business Communication at Aquinas College in Nashville for eight years.
Today TBI works with executives from Fortune 1000 companies and startups who are seeking to develop a sustainable competitive advantage through the integration of their customer experience programs with business intelligence.
We will be talking about:
- What is customer experience and how does it impact your bottom line?
- Is customer experience more important than customer satisfaction or loyalty?
- What the value of customer experience in today's economy?
- What is business intelligence?
- What are some of the biggest myths about customer satisfaction?
Your Partner In Success Radio 03/06/2009 | Denise Griffitts Welcomes Back Tony Bodoh, of Tony Bodoh International and ProfiTornado
Tony Bodoh is one of those people who has such an incredible mind that every possible opportunity I have to chat with him, I find or make the time! Tony is an entrepreneur and inventor, executive coach, professional coach and dynamic speaker and in my opinion a thought leader. Tony is currently writing a book discussing the “new currency” which analyzes the growth of the economy and the emergence of a new form of currency in what has been coined “The Concept Age.”
In this interview, we will be discussing ProfiTornado™ which was created by Tony Bodoh. In this program, Tony reveals to you the same techniques that helped him build a portfolio of more than $5 billion of process improvement and business optimization projects while working with public companies, start ups and expanding businesses.
Combining elements of psychology, neuroscience, organizational behavior, operations improvement, and success principles, this 30-day program focuses on changing the thinking which underlies every process. Unlike most two day shot-in-the arm management training, this program grows every employee through a long tail infusion of knowledge.
Specifically, we will be discussing how to discover your passion and how to take those forward steps towards your passion. We will also be exploring the "give and receive" concept and vision boards. For your free downloadable vision board please email Tony at info@ProfiTornado.com and have it available during the interview. Tony will show you how to use the vision board to move competently and confidently towards your goals.